Mirfield Arts Festival takes place along Huddersfield Road across Mirfield’s town centre.
The festival is only ten minutes from Huddersfield, twenty minutes from Wakefield and within easy access of Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Manchester and other major cities around the north of England. We also offer ample parking at nearby Castle Hall School with a free park and ride service (or a five minute walk) and Mirfield railway station is also just five minutes walk away.
Mirfield Library Location Address
Huddersfield Road (A644)
(Please note this is not a postal address)
Free Park and Ride Service
As there is limited parking across town, we have organised a public car park in the grounds of Castle Hall School. It is less than a five-minute walk to the town centre from here, but there will be a free park and ride service operating from the car park throughout the day.
Address: Castle Hall School, Richard Thorpe Avenue Mirfield, West Yorkshire WF14 9PH
Directions From M62 Junction 25
- Take the A644 past the Premier Inn for 1 mile towards Mirfield/Huddersfield.
- Take the first exit at the roundabout along the A644 for 200 yards towards Mirfield/Dewsbury.
- Take the first right turn along the A644 passed the petrol station towards Mirfield/Dewsbury.
- Continue along A644 for about 2 miles towards Mirfield/Dewsbury.
- Mirfield Library will be on the right hand side, at the traffic lights, opposite Tesco Express.
- For the Park & Ride, turn left up Knowl Road after you have passed through town – opposite the Fire Station – then turn right just before the park, and carry on straight ahead till the school.
Directions From M1 Junction 40
- Take the A638 dual carriageway for 1 mile towards Mirfield/Dewsbury.
- Go across the roundabout along the A638 for another 2 miles towards Mirfield/Dewsbury.
- Take a left turn at Dewsbury ring road and go clockwise passed Matalan towards Mirfield/Huddersfield.
- After 500 yards take the A644 under the railway bridge towards Mirfield/Huddersfield.
- Continue along the A644 for 3 miles towards Mirfield/Huddersfield.
- Mirfield Library will be on the left hand side, at the traffic lights, opposite Tesco Express.
- For the Park & Ride, turn right up Doctor Lane after you have passed through town – by Stone Menswear – then straight ahead at the park, and carry on straight till the school.
Bus Services to Mirfield Centre
- 202/203 – Huddersfield – Mirfield – Dewsbury – Tingley – White Rose Centre – Leeds
- 205 – Dewsbury – Mirfield
- 221 – Leeds – Morley – Batley – Heckmondwike – Mirfield
- 253 – Bradford – Gomersal – Cleckheaton – Mirfield – Dewsbury – Wakefield
- 262 – Huddersfield – Waterloo – Kirkheaton – Mirfield – Dewsbury
- 278 – Halifax – Elland – Brighouse – Mirfield – Dewsbury – Wakefield
Subject to change by local bus operators and sunday operating hours.
Train Services to Mirfield
- Leeds – Morley – Batley – Dewsbury – Mirfield
- Huddersfield – Deighton – Mirfield
- Manchester – Moston – Mills Hill – Castleton – Rochdale – Smithy Bridge – Littleborough – Hebden Bridge – Mytholmroyd – Sowerby Bridge – Brighouse – Mirfield
- Selby – South Milford – Micklefield – East Garforth – Garforth – Cross Gates – Leeds – Bramley – New Pudsey – Bradford – Halifax – Brighouse – Huddersfield – Deighton – Mirfield
- London – Doncaster – Pontefract – Wakefield – Mirfield
Subject to change by local train operators sunday operating hours.
Mirfield Based Taxi Services
- Station Cars – 1 Station Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 8LN – 01924 490490
- Mirfield Cars – 28 Calder Road, Mirfield,West Yorkshire, wF14 8PJ – 01924 490999
- Mirfield Central Cars – Hopton New Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 8NF – 01924 490000